Saturday, December 26, 2020

I kept this for Xmas - An Arab Conquest Army

Not just an Arab Conquest army, I think that I can do any army from the Basic Impetus Volume 12 Armies of Islam and perhaps a few more. This army came with the Persian 25mm army and in a major display of will power (and that I was super busy with other acquisitions) I put it aside as a Xmas present.  

I will need to do a bit of research, some repair and maybe some painting updates as well as rebasing.  I think the figures are nearly all Tin Soldier and so it will pair nicely with my Byzantines.


It's been a good Christmas for wargaming presents.  2021 will be a busy year bringing them to the table.

And until then...

Merry Xmas 

and 

Happy New Year

 

2 comments:

  1. It looks impressive Mark and will be all the better for your sprucing up, of course.
    Had you managed to forget about it so that it was a surprise?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd purchased it largely sight unseen and left it unopened when it arrived. Under the Xmas tree it went and stayed there until the Xmas day. Having a gazillion other wargaming projects to progress it was easy to ignore if not entirely forget about it. However it is weighing heavily on my mind now :-)

      Delete