Friday, January 22, 2016

Repairs to Fiat CR.42 Falco

Back in 2014 a disaster befell one of my Wings of Glory planes which I posted about here: http://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/dog-ate-my-plane.html

Almost straight away I started repairs, it has just taken rather a long time...


The wheel has been carved from plasticard and the strut is a sliver of bamboo from a skewer, all liberally coated with PVA glue.

Back in the skies (and yes that is the real blue sky)

Flying over the sandy desert conditions of my back yard.


I was trying to get shots from different angles, but it kept twisting around on the wire.

Damaged, but serviceable.

I'm finding it hard to remember which wheel assembly is the made up one.  I couldn't resist painting the bombs and then in a fit of madness I decided to drill out the stalk so I could try what it looked like mounted on wire.  Interesting... I thinking the big peg spoils the model.




No comments:

Post a Comment