Saturday, July 25, 2015

Stakes and Burgundy

My my Burgundian Ordonnance army has been a long time coming.  I started building it in the heady days of WRG 7th Edition as something totally different to my Hellenistic force.  This week I expanded the original longbow unit and more importantly, provided an abundance of stakes.

What was once 16 figures on four bases is now 18 on six bases.

These archers are Tin Soldier and date from before I started using a black undercoat.  The two new figures are quiet noticeable with their black outline.  There would be 20 years between when the first figure was painted and the latest two additions.

The stakes.  Hopefully more than I will ever need.

The pointy end of the affair.  The stakes are nails pushed through holes drilled in drink stirrers which have been cut and trimmed to base length.  The base was then built up with plaster and painted to look like turned earth and flocked round the edges.  The wood effect is thanks to a special wash/ink supplied by Mark W and applied over a white base - I am very happy with the result.

1 comment: