Friday, July 3, 2015

On the Road to Waterloo - 40 Years Gone

Well, the road to Plancenoit really, but still, after being created 40 years ago before Airfix released their Prussian Landwher, I had the idea to convert their British Grenadiers to Prussian Landwher, and now, well tomorrow to be precise, they are actually going to be used for the purpose for which they were created.

Here they are ready to go, along with some Uhlans by Hat and a general by Minifigs (who is going to play the role of Muffling to my Prince of Orange).

One sleep to go!


I have previously posted on these guys here:
http://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/airfix-figures-converted-as-prussian_6.html

But today I finished rebasing them so they work better with Shako, while still having plenty of basing flexibility for other rules.  I also applied magnetic strip to the bases to ease their journey.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up with the blog. I think it's fantastic that these conversions are getting an outing. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. All being well they, and some more of my old, and not so old, 1/72nd scale figures, should get a go at Ligny later this year/early next.

      Delete