Thursday, January 16, 2020

Nikephorian Byzantine versus New Kingdom Egyptian

Dave wanted to try out his Egyptian against my Byzantines in a game of Basic Impetus 2.0.

For this post I took the photos of the game from my opponent's perspective.

The Egyptians were the defenders and this gave me a slight advantage in deployment,

Turn one sees both sides advance, 
but unable to score any missile hits.

Turn two I was busy firing everything I had at the enemy, 
but failing to score any significant hits.

Turn three and the three Egyptian chariots charged.
Two were easily beaten off.
but one went on to cause carnage in my army.

Turn four and it was time for the infantry to fight.
My cavalry is maneuvering to get back into the action.

Turn five and my infantry is much reduced.

If only I could finish off those chariots!

Turn six ended the game in a draw, 
with both armies exhausted.

Yet another excellent game with Dave and Impetus.

4 comments:

  1. A fine effort by the Egyptians! Even Fatimid Egyptians ought to find the Nikephorian Byzantine army a handful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave is working through his many armies, but I don't think he has Fatimid Egyptians. Next week it is some medieval army that my Byzantines will be facing.

      Delete
    2. I seriously considered getting Fatimids at one time. 2 reasons I didn't: 1. It was kinda too much like an unexciting version of the Nikephorian Byzantine; 2. Figure availability was pretty much non-existent.

      Delete
    3. Different rules and a different army, but I have fought a Fatimid Egyptian army before

      https://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com/2015/02/hannibal-in-italy-versus-fatimid.html

      Delete