Thursday, April 21, 2022

Beja Warriors

The famed Fuzzy-Wuzzy, although you probably can't call them that these days.  Never mind.  These were figures from Dave's surplus that I was reminded of when I went looking for a hand.  They were easy to paint up, harder to photograph.

I don't know the figure brand, but they are 28mm.

I like the animation and subtle variations 
which I tried to further enhance with varying skin and fabric tones.

But I felt these photos were too dark 
and you can't see the whites of their eyes!

Better, but now I see I could have done a better job with the eyes.
Well, I proudly couldn't as just getting the white speck was hard enough.
And eyeball would be a brush stroke too far.

Not so noticeable in the photos,
but I used a matt varnish and the flesh would look better with a slight sheen.

But another job done, although I should make up a movement tray for them.  Better still they have now seen action on the table top (see next post - They Don't Like It).

No comments:

Post a Comment