Thursday, April 21, 2022

Autumn

These were an opportunity purchase many years ago from the magic brush of Mark Woods.  All I had to do was finish basing them.  

Well, I also wanted to rearrange and spread them out a bit to maximise number of stands etc.  This proved a challenge as they were glued solid.  I ended up having to cut through with a hot knife.  This produced a few distortions, but luckily did not affect any of the figures., Phew!

Then I had to select some flock...

I'd plastered the bases and painted in a fawn colour with an umber wash and it looked good.  The camouflage is autumn and I'm not sure how I would flock for that.  I ended up using some tufts from Army Painter (Mountain Tufts) and Gamers Grass (Dense Beige Wild Tufts) and some static grass.  I liked the way the figures could hide in the tufts (although when I told Mark this he was horrified that the paint work would be hidden too).  On the brown base the figures blend in even more, but with the green of the static grass all is not lost.







I am just happy I finished them this autumn.

Now to complete the armour I have for them.


2 comments:

  1. Horrified? Bit strong lol. They look fantastic, well done. Had a lot of fun painting these, thought they turned out really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like what I've done with them. I still have the Stugs to finish.

      Maybe I should have described your reaction as terrified, that way the result would be terrific :-)

      Delete