Thursday, January 7, 2021

Soviet Cossacks via eBay

My friend Richard sent me a link to these figures for sale on eBay.  I thought it wouldn't hurt to look.  At $80 I figured they might be a good buy, but US dollars and then postage and damage in transit and ... nah.

But wait!

The seller is local.  Actually turned out to be just a 20m minute drive away.

They went from a "not interested" to a "must have" and I bought and picked them up on the same day.

All I have down is repair a few paint chips (and see that I still missed a few) and did some extra flocking etc on the bases to more match in with my other Soviets.

That's them in their entirety.

Great work on the AT gun.

Scratch built limber - a work of art!

Most of the paint chips I just touched up with black paint.
You can see the result on the officer's cap.

Cold steel.

And lots of it!

Of course I don't know when I will get to use them, but I am sure a chance will come.

Seller/painter/convertor was teamraider.


2 comments:

  1. They look great! I have the same problem with WW2 Cossacks - I have a few but they have never been on the table as it seems unfair to pit them against Panthers and MG42s...! They look cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know in boardgames Soviet cavalry units feature quite prominently, so there must be some actions for them. Could be against some Axis cavalry perhaps. Regardless I will need to do some research and develop a scenario for Rommel (one day).

      Delete