Sunday, June 14, 2020

1/76th ish Inventory - WW2 German - sans infantry

After seeing this post by Archduke Piccolo I felt inspired/compelled to get out my WW2 German kit in the same scale.  These models go back to the 1970s (possibly even late 60s) and have been collected in bursts and drivels ever since whenever I have seen something I haven't been able to resist.  I was hoping to use Megablitz to actually make something out of them for wargaming. 

Some of these models might have been used for Command Decision, but I am pretty sure most have never been used on the table top (or in the garden for that matter).

 All sorts of brands in there,
including some scratchbuilt and diecast.

 Two of the Panthers are suffering badly from rot.
They were like that when I go them (cheaply so no complain).

 All sorts of kit and brands here as well.
Some deserve posts of their own.
Some I didn't even know I had.

Supplementary purchases (I think they were bargains).

Now, where have I stored the infantry?

6 comments:

  1. There's quite a few things there I don't have - Hetzers, 8.8cm PaK, Hanomag Flamm and one or two others. Of course I shall have to lay out all my transport and support kit. A few interesting items among them. One thing I don't have: a single barrel 20mm FlaK - towed or SP. Of course, I have you to thank for a few items...

    I still haven't done anything with those late war armoured half-tracks you sent me. But one is destined to be a Uhu night-vision mounted vehicle, and another will become a panzerwerfer mount. The third might end up as a logistics vehicle.

    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 8.8cm PaK is scratchbuilt. The Hanomag Flamm was ESCI and a bit of a devil to pack. I am amazed it is still in one piece.

      Zvedza do a very nice single barrel Flak, but I think it is 37mm.

      I had those armoured half tracks for a long time. I got them second hand so no idea how long the previous owner had them. They are in good hands now :-)

      Delete
  2. Very impressive collection! Brings back memories of gaming in 1/72nd in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some interesting pieces there. I wouldn't have spotted the 8.8cm PaK as a scratchbuild.

    Regards, Chris

    The original armour Tables for the Germans are here: https://notquitemechanised.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/a-proportionate-view-of-german-armour/

    and here: https://notquitemechanised.wordpress.com/2020/06/11/a-proportionate-view-of-german-armour-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I had a look at this kit and I was pleasantly surprised at what I had.

      There's a scratchbuilt kettenkrad in there as well. I remember using a paper punch to make the wheels.

      I will check out those links. Thanks.

      Delete