Saturday, February 25, 2023

Work in Progress - Classical Indians

It hasn't been all games during this February, I have been working on this army, but unusually for me, haven't been doing it a unit at a time, but kind of all at the same time.  This is where I am at:

Elephants will be on separate bases.
The one already finished was a gift received almost 40 years ago
and featured previously in this post.

Chariots, will also be singles, but I still have some thinking to do about them.

The heavy foot and some skirmishers.

Archers and cavalry almost completed.

Instant army, just add paint and flock!  Ha ha!

I have had most of these figures for 10, 20, 30 and in one case close on 40 years.  The motivation to do them now came from reviewing the Impetus Alexandros campaign and realising that Classical Indian was one opponent for Alexander that I didn't have (don't have Persians either, but Mark B does and he is the one who will be attempting the campaign with me).

Originally figures were acquired with an aim to provide an Allied contingent for a WRG 7th Edition Alexander Imperial army, then they were going to be a DBA army, but now it will be a Basic Impetus army.  Some of these figures were bought using a voucher I had won during a DBA competition, so as you can see, there is  a bit of figure collecting history here.

For the obvious novelty reason I painted up the Maiden Guard unit back in the WRG days.  I've just made a post on those ladies and they can be seen here.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I am very pleased how they are coming along.

      Delete
  2. It will be an interesting army with the chariots and elephants. Good to finally get the figures painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it said it's not really an ancients battle if it doesn't have elephants or chariots. I am very happy finally to be making progress with these figures and even more happy in that I like how they are turning out.

      Delete
  3. One of the best armies. Mine are MiniFigs with Hinchcliffe chariots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would indeed make for a heavy hitting army. What rules do you use?

      Delete