Sunday, August 30, 2020

Potential Repurposing Of Some Old Figures

Before I got into 15mm Napoleonics and Napoleon's Battles I dabbled with 6mm and Empire, but before that it was 20mm Airix and a few 25mm metals that I first used for the Bruce Quarrie rules.  That collection of 20/25mm figures has been added to, but apart from a few outings for Shako and Songs of Blades and Heroes they have largely languished, based for Napoleon's Battles, but unlikely to ever take the field.

When I was setting up my latest Napoleon's Battles game for Corunna, Darren mentioned "Had I seen the Snappy Nappy rules?"  Putting thoughts of card games aside I said no.  Subsequently doing some research (and thanks to James from the ANF for his help in this) I found enough information to get interested.  Basically what I am after is a set of rules to give a quick simple, but high level, game of Napoleonics on a club night.

I borrowed Darren's copy of the rules (they seem very hard to find) and a read through had me inspired enough to look at figure requirements.  My 15mm collection could be used, but the Napoleon's Battles basing is quiet at odds with Snappy Nappy, particularly in relation to base depth.  With a bit of experience this might not be an issue.  However my 20/25mm collection, especially some figures I had based for Shako and Songs of Blades and Heroes, might just be perfect.

In going through my figures I found this unit:

 12BrLN in NB speak and in my collection as F22.

 They are actually castings from Prince August (503 is the mould) 
and there are three Minifigs: BN21 (standard bearer), BN 72 (officer) and BN74 (sergeant),
in there as well.

 A day later and they have been rebased to provide four stands for Snappy Nappy.

Which provides for two units, in column on the left and in line on the right.
As a stand is 2,000 men so a bit of suspension of disbelief is required,
but it means a large army can easily be provided from minimal figures.

Next is to try a practice game.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark. Are they 15mm wide bases per figure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were, but I've trimmed them a bit trying to get three figures on a 40mm frontage (20mm deep).

      Delete