Thursday, August 20, 2020

Nikephorian Byzantine versus Mughal

This was a competition game played at the club.

 The Mughal army has a lot of firepower,
I planned to use my cavalry to attack 
while my infantry would cover my right flank.

 First turn and the race is on.

 Second turn and we are yet to get into action.

 Third turn and still nothing.

 But turn four sees some action.
My cavalry shoot up the enemy artillery - phew!
But my slingers are shot to pieces by the enemy muskets.
My centre cavalry starts to suffer attrition.

 Turn five and losses mount.
Varangians to the rescue!

Game over.
We did some damage,
but the Varangians failed and the next turn were annihilated and the army morale broke.
So it goes.

We messed up retreating units through units that they could/couldn't interpenetrate.  I must check this out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the Moghuls. What period are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1526-1687 AD according to the Impetus list. They are pretty nasty!

      Delete