Thursday, August 6, 2020

Back in the saddle

Well, if you knew the trouble my driver  had in staying in the chariot, you would appreciate his desire for a saddle.  But he was happy to take part in Dave's Famous Chariot Race at the club.

Starting from the inside, we have the Man from Gaul; with the white horses we have the Master of Ceremonies (who already is having trouble standing up in his chariot); Golden Brown (that's me); the Man from the Islands with the red crest; the President's favourite in the light blue robe, unfortunately facing the wrong way; and on the outer track a studious chap who says he comes from the East.

There was one late start.

Rounding the bend on the first lap.  I'm out in front,  Late Starter is running last.  Seems fair to me.
Second lap and the Master of Ceremonies has taken a tumble.  I narrowly miss running him over.
It's a tight pack although the President's favourite seems to be missing.
The third lap and we have lost two chariots.  Both the President's Favourite and the Master of Ceremonies took fatal falls.  It can easily happen and as you can see Golden Brown is looking at bit wobbly.

And it's a massive win to the Late Starter!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, there was no whipping, showing off or trying to crash chariots, just lots of laughs.

      Delete
  2. Time was, I had 6 Airfix Roman chariots. I lost them all. What a berk I am to be sure.

    ReplyDelete