Monday, December 9, 2013

5mm Samples

Can an old dog relearn his tricks?

Mark provided me with these 5mm strips and a few hours later I produced the following.  Most time went on researching uniforms and deciding what paints to use.

The ACW came up best and for my purposes are what I am looking for - they look great enmass on big bases.  The knights and hoplites in my opinion really deserve larger figures so the livery and shield designs can be fully revealed.







I can't recall which brand the ACW strip is (the others are Heroics and Ros), but they have character even if their hats are a bit big.  The magnification provided by the digital photos is a bit scary.

6 comments:

  1. hoplites and knights are H&R, the confederates are Adler. Looking good, are you a convert yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, mark, i'm a 5-6mm collector & i found this blog while looking for some samples of H&R minis images, could you please tell me which H&R pack are the hoplite figures? (photos1-2)

      i'm placing an order but i need those exact figures, and as there are some different hoplite packs in the H&R catalogue (MAG1, MAG2, MAG2A, MAG8, MAG17, etc...) i´d like to know which ones are those shown in these photos

      thanx in advance :)
      best

      Delete
  2. Well, ... I wish I had picked up a few more of the ACW guys so I could move to the next stage and do a base up. But I really don't need ACW in 5mm.

    But on the results I achieved I would be happy to try an ECW army - just need time to research the period/rules/figures etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, sun of york, i'm a 5-6mm collector & i found your blog while looking for some samples of H&R minis images, could you please tell me which H&R pack are the hoplite figures? (photos1-2)

      i'm placing an order but i need those exact figures, and as there are some different hoplite packs in the H&R catalogue (MAG1, MAG2, MAG2A, MAG8, MAG17, etc...) i´d like to know which ones are those shown in your photos

      thanx in advance :)
      best

      p.s. great blog & great work :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. The tab on the end of the figures has a code AG1. A look at their catalogue has an MAG1 - Greek City Hoplite so my guess is that is the one. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Be tempted:
    http://home.clara.net/adlermin/....
    Ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete