Thursday, September 9, 2021

Arab Conquest versus Central Asian Turkish

Getting back into things, my Arabs fought a roughly historical opponent in Jeff's Central Asian Turkish (CAT) army.  However they were two very different armies and produced a very different game.

Not surprisingly my Arabs were comprehensively out scouted,
not that that would have changed the deployment sequence.
What did hurt was rolling a "nothing" as one of my terrain choices.

Advance!

Contact!

And now things get interesting...

My poor Arabs are not having a lot of success.
However at least one of those units of CAT nobles is taking some punishment!

My warriors are doing their upmost to catch the CAT horse-archers.
It can be done...

See how they run...

The table edge can be your friend.

But it is so hard to move those large units around,
especially if they are disordered.

While my army has lost a lot of units, they were low value.
The game is actually still in the balance,
if I can get lucky...

I think my boys have sore feet.

Penultimate round.
After this the left most unit of warriors was flank charged
and quickly routed.

A very interesting and different game.

No comments:

Post a Comment