Sunday, March 14, 2021

Parthia versus Seleucid in 6mm

At the club's games day Mark Woods put on a great game using Basic Impetus and his fabluous 6mm collection.  We had four players, 

I commanded the Parthian right wing.

I faced Drew who commanded the Seleucid left.

Simon had the Seleucid right.

Faced by Mark commanding the Parthian left wing.

Immediately I rushed my light cavalry forward.

Some excellent shooting saw my cavalry break round the Seleucid's flank.

While the light cavalry was sweeping round the enemy flank,
my skirmishers moved forward to tie down the elephants
and my cataphracts started to move on the enemy heavy cavalry.

But best made plans...
The Galatians have cut the Parthian army in two.
The Seleucid pikes are closing in on the left wing.
My general has got bogged down fighting Seleucid heavy cavalry.

Penultimate turn.
The enemy elephants have made a bit of a mess of my army,
but all my cavalry is still intact.
With the exception of the general's unit which is very exposed,
the bulk of my cavalry is well placed.
But the Parthian left wing had been broken :-(  

Great game, beautiful figures, looked superb, played well, lots of fun.

5 comments:

  1. It was a great game, great report. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you look at the Club's Facebook page as Stephen has posted some good photos of the game.

      Delete
    2. Sorry I missed it mark. I hope to join you next time

      Delete
  2. Looked even better in the flesh Mark. Really impressive painting from Stretch.

    ReplyDelete