Thursday, April 23, 2020

More US Forces - Infantry

The question in the following text I posted to the Facebook WW2 Smallscale Modelling & Wargaming Group.

"Finally finished these 15mm PSC US Infantry figures. Only when I started to look at the photos did I see I probably should have done a better job removing mould lines. But they are quiet fine (as in slender) figures so not an easy job to hold and file (never mind to actually see the mould line if it is not highlighted in some way).
More bizarrely, there has been either a reaction or pooling caused by the matt varnish (VJ which otherwise has been perfect for me - I am on my second spray can). If you look at the centre stand, right hand figure, you can see an unintended white mark on the rim of his helmet.
Anyone experienced anything like this?"


On the table the figures will look fine, so I am not going to try any kind of repair.


They are constructed for use with Rommel and Crossfire as well as Blitzkrieg Commander and I expect some other rules.  What I am missing is HMG and mortar stands.  I can't justify buying the PSC Heavy Weapons box just for one HMG and one mortar.  I should advertise as I am sure someone will have a spare they can swap, sell, or donate.

For Crossfire I've marked the platoons by different type and or quantity of shrubbery.

Turns out the white effect was caused by high humidity.  Living in what is effectively a desert, this is some what of a novelty.  But it had been raining in the night and there was enough moisture in the air to interfere with the varnish/solvent.  I am lucky that the problem is so minor.  In the past I have suffered a dust like effect when spraying when it is too hot (varnish effectively dries as it flies and lands as dust).  More commonly matt varnish has been anything but matt, but with the VJ varnish that hasn't been a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment