Friday, April 10, 2020

Austrian Hussars

Or to give them their proper title Hussar Regiment No. 3 Erzherzog Ferdinand Carl d'Este or, as I like to think of them, the 19th Covid Hussars.





These figures have been in my possession since the 1990s.  My Napoleonics used to be Airfix 20mm, drifting into a few Minifig and Hinchcliffe 25mm until I started a 6mm Russian army.  Sadly 6mm didn't allow me to do the detail I wanted and I sold them to Albert Nazarczuk.  With the proceeds I bought a French 15mm army from David Williams (238 Foot 36 Mounted 9 Guns 3 Wagons 8 Limbers for $A150 on 27 September 1993).

I've surprised myself and gone and looked at my expenditure records.  In the following six months I bought a large number of Prussian and British Essex figures from Alan Traves that I think he was planning for a Waterloo army.  These Essex Hussars were part of that and were either going to be Prussian or Dutch Belgian.  It had always been my intention to paint them as Austrians.  There were some Essex Austrian infantry as well but I have already painted them (two units) and posted about them as well.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Mark. I suspect you're enjoying Austrian intrigues in other games as well ;^)

    ReplyDelete