Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Grenze Infantry Regiment #9 (Peterwardeiner)

I pinched the uniform details from  http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/, specifically
 http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2020/03/08/imperial-royal-my-15mm-napoleonic-austrian-army-part-3-light-troops/

 While not my favourite pose,
they look good deployed in line.

 Very happy how the red turned out.
The light blue might be a bit bright,
but seems fine in these natural light photos.

These were all done with a grey undercoat and then a black wash,
as against my usual black undercoat. 

 I'm just thinking maybe I should have painted the mustaches.

And amazingly they can form column.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! The Old Glory sculpts for the grenz are really good. Having a number of them, I know. I like seeing the grenz in their white jackets and red, rolled greatcoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Old Glory figures do have some charm. They look a bit messy to start with, but these guys had a grey primer and then a black wash and it really brought out the detail and they were then a joy to paint. There are more on the way.

      Delete