Thursday, July 30, 2020

Holland'44 - 3Q20 - Turns 1 and 2

In a kind of continuation of our Ukraine'43 experience, Mike and I started this game which my I am happy to say my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday last month  (well that was what I spent her well received monetary gift on).  Better still it is out on the table and in play!

The dice determined that Mike would go Allied.

 30 Corps are speeding up the highway.

 The 101st had a bit of a rough landing,
but have secured the Veghel and Son bridges.

 The 82nd have secured numerous bridges,
and have started to clear Nijmegen.

 The race to Arnhem.

 A bit of traffic congestion on the way to Eindhoven.

 A motley collection of Germans start to approach the 101st's positions.

The German 406th Division make a solitary appearance.

 The Germans close in on Arnhem...

 During the night the 30th Corps push on.

 1st Airborne reach Arnhem.

The Germans will try and hold Eindhoven,
while leaving enough troops behind,
to make sure 30th Corps needs to cover its flanks. 

 Germans threaten 1st Airborne's Dropzone Y.
They have made their first attack against the Red Berets (blue Engaged marker).
They also seem to be trying to surround the 82nd Airborne.

 
The mystery of the unknown units.
I kept telling Mike they were mainly zeros.
I'm afraid I might have told a lie.


4 comments:

  1. I really like Holland'44 and played it about a month ago - well done capturing the railway bridge north of Arnhem with it going boom. I always enjoy these game play-through posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my third game. The British are doing much better in Arnhem than previously, but we shall see if it can be maintained.

      Delete
  2. Mark as the German could not blow up bridges on the first turn despite his many attempts - I think he managed 1! Second turn - much more efficient. His first SS attack he rolled a 1, so his average is a 1 - the 1st Airborne Para thanks you.

    ReplyDelete