Thursday, July 9, 2020

Portuguese Line

Probably the 8th Regiment, but I painted these guys quickly, using a wash technique which I normally don't do for my Napoleonic figures.  My challenge with these guys was to find a blue I was happy with.  I settled on Vallejo Dark Blue (code 70.930) but with a black wash as I thought it was too bright and shiny.  The latter was my fault as I hadn't stirred the pot enough.  I'm using the same blue for some Swedish infantry I'm currently working on and I hope/think they will turn out okay.

24PtLN
British Essex figures repurposed.
I kept the original hat badge and ignored the epaulettes.

Flag is from the Warflags site.

All lined up with a casualty marker.

Looking flash and ready for a fight,
sadly however I have no table top plans for them at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely Mark. I really like the lighter blue dry-brush/highlight. An imposing looking line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. The effect was created by a black wash. Ive used the same blue on the Swedes I have now started, but mixed it better and so won't be applying a wash or dry bush, for the first batch at least. The Swedes seem to have a mix of blue shades based on local conditions.

      Delete