Thursday, March 12, 2020

Turcopoles

These were at the almost completed stage when I received the Carthaginians to rebase.

Not sure I actually need these "young turks", but they served during the period of the Crusades, as locally recruited mounted archers and light cavalry employed by the Byzantine Empire.  I have depicted them as provided with standard arms and equipment worn over individual dress.

 Boring, bog issue shields.

 I made three bases out of the single packet.  
Could have made more, could have made less.  
Hopefully three will be plenty.

 Those spears are very bendy.
One was broken and has been replaced.
I was tempted to do them all, 
but settled on straightening as best I could 
and reinforcing with PVA glue.

I went overboard with the variety tufts.

No comments:

Post a Comment