Sunday, March 22, 2020

More Assorted Napoleonic Austrian Infantry Units

Sourced from the same site and painter as my last Austrian purchase, here are another four, five or six units.

 Yellow facings.
Still some wobbly muskets.
Nothing broken this time, just the usual straightening,
although two muskets did get some PVA attention to strengthen them.

 We'll go with puce as the facing colour for this unit.

 A solid mass with red facings.

 And to finish off a rear view of a unit with green facings.

The delightful thing is I am sure I never would have got around to painting all these troops myself in any reasonable timeframe, the basing is spot on (and wonderfully done) for my prefered Napoleonic rules, and they were a decent price (mostly because the transaction was in Australian dollars and the postage and packing was all Australia Post).

 Grenz!

 Jagers!!

The same units of jagers showing how they are based.  

The frontage on the jagers and the grenz (who are based the same way) is one inch, not three quarters of an inch.  This is fine for Napoleon's Battles which has as an option, lights and infantry that regularly deployed in two ranks based on the slightly wider frontage.  However it is not an option I ever took up.  Furthermore having a wider frontage is on my opinion actually a disadvantage (makes them a bigger target).  But the basing is so nice I can't bring myself to rebase them, although I have thought about it,

4 comments:

  1. Can never have enough Austrians Mark. Long live "The White Menace".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've almost enough to stage Massena's counterattack at Wagram Checkout this AAR if you haven't seen it already: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2020/03/21/massenas-counter-attack-at-wagram-1809-the-refight/

      Delete
  2. Very good and will look great en masse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've almost finished some generals for them and made a start on some cavalry.

      Delete