Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Assorted Napoleonic Austrian Infantry Units

A random find on a Facebook for sale group.  Originally I thought no, not needed, but them I saw a scenario for Raab.  So I asked about the basing and found it was compatible with Napoleon's Battles.  Normally I get myself some wargaming things for Xmas, but hadn't done so this time.

These are the pics as advertised:








Decent, but I don't think they do them justice.  Here are the same units after their journey and some repair work (bayonets suffered badly, but most straightened out without any problems).

 Landwher with flash.

 And without.

 Freikorps.

 Hungarians.
Spot the man with the new bayonet.
It is made from foil, super glued on and then given many loving coats of PVA glue over a few days.

More Hungarians.
It looks fine in this photo, 
but the most bottom right hand corner man has a bayonet that is shaped like a banana.  
It had a bad break, but had not separated.  
Many coats of PVA glue later and it is serviceable.

The only other thing I have done to these guys is sharphen a few bayonets.  Old Glory figures have a tendency to have excess metal attached to the tip of the bayonets (I am sure there is a technical terms for this, it is not flash, but associated with the casting process - venting?).

The same painter, Mr A Fogg, had some more for sale. This post was be delayed until I knew the outcome of my negotiations.

3 comments:

  1. Having painted hundreds of these Old Glory figures,myself, I know too well the tendencies of the bayonets to bend, crack, and carry too much metal.

    ReplyDelete