Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ancient Greece

I've been interested in ancient Greece since I was a preteen and read a book about Greek Gods and Heroes and used to watch the sword and sandal epic movies and the Hercules cartoon show.  It was an impulse borrow when I picked up this book in my local library.



This book is really just to provide a taste of subject and served as a good refresher of the richness of the ancient Greek world.  In my subsequent Googling for a reference to link to I notice it was described as juvenile non-fiction.  Fair enough.

I enjoyed it and it reminds me I must read more on the subject, especially the Successors in an attempt to get motivated about my army.


I've still got more hoplite figures to paint.  Nothing like a bit of inspiration for shield designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment