Saturday, October 29, 2022

More Romans

Three new units.  One painted from scratch; one consisting of purchased already or mostly painted figures plus some additions newly painted by me; and one just needed basing.

Painted from scratch with new spears.
I'm thinking they might look better if I had based them closer together?

It is only when I see the detail in a nice big photo that I find I've made a few mistakes.
Grrr!

But the biggest embuggerance is the hand holding the spear.
A combination of poor positioning by me,
plus blob of glue.
Doh!

About four of these are newly painted.
Again I think they would look better if based closer.

The ones I painted can be spotted because I didn't finish dry brushing their plumes
and the missed bits on the rear of the helmets are so obvious.
How could I have miss that?

At least these guys don't have deformed hands

All I did was base these 



My new, new Republican Romans so far:
Cavalry, Principes, Triarii and Velites

These were figures I purchased before I made the big purchase.  I am glad I am now making progress on getting them operational.

8 comments:

  1. Looking really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never have too many Romans. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've come late to 15mm Romans, but thanks to Airfix have always had some in my collection.

      Delete
  3. They look great! At least you only missed a few spots. I have got to basing some figures and realised I did not paint the pants on one of them! 😊 Despite doing a check at every stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've just checked and my Romans aren't even wearing pants! Oh no...

      I often find I have missed painting one arm or something. Not so bad if it's a colour straight out of the pot (assuming I can remember which shade I used), but with a blend/mix etc can be fiddly to repair. And once a flaw is seen it can not be unseen!

      Delete
  4. What have the Romans ever done for us - oh the wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but that was the Imperials, these Republicans perhaps less so :-)

      Delete