Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Ten Years After

While the name of a band (with reference to Elvis Presley having been dead or flipping burgers for ten years), which I was erroneously calling Ten Years Gone (which is a song by Led Zeppelin) who had a song I particularly like One of These Days (which I used to think was called Coming Down the Road or Red Dress), not to be confused with These Days by Joy Division or a similarly named song by Powder Finger, the title of this post is actually celebrating that I've been a blogger for ten years.  A decade (now there is a great Joy Division song Decades).

My first post was a naif intro in December 2010.  Serious blogging started in January 2011.


It's nice to see that my first post referenced Perth's great wargamming shop Tactics.

Most of the posts are about figures that were broken in my move to Perth.

With one exception they are all 1/72nd (or thereabouts) scale.

The only post that has a unit that is still employed is the one on IR 43 Graf Thum which was created using 15mm Essex figures and is part of my Napoleonic Austrian army that I am still actively building.

The Airfix Ancient Britons are still live I guess (recalling that I planned to use them against some 25mm figures Mark B has recently become reacquainted with).  But this would be Basic Impetus not DBA.

More general observations:

I averaged one post a week until I retired when I hit an average of two posts per week.

2017 was my busiest year which I attribute to playing War Between the States (both face to face and solo on Vassal).

Most used labels are Boardgames (400), Ancients (285), WW2 (414) and Napoleonic (324).

The only other labels to break the ton are Napoleon's Battles (158) and GMT (141), not surprising given the popularity of the Boardgames and Napoleonic labels.

I have made 1439 posts.

There have been 393577 views, but I attribute them to mainly Russian bots, although Google is telling me now that the bulk of my traffic is from Sweden. Zero traffic from China.

No idea of most popular post as Google doesn't seem to provide that info any more :-(

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Thanks for all the posts. It must be a lot of work for you but it is great to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben. Blogging works for me on a number of levels, some intended (record keeping), some serendipitous (e.g. making your acquaintance) but often just helps in clearing the mind.

      Delete
  2. Here's to ten years more!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete