Friday, April 30, 2021

Nations At War

Simon put on this game using his 1/300th kit to demonstrate how what was originally a boardgame, has been adapted to give a decent miniatures game.  It reminded me a bit of Blitzkrieg commander.  It certainly was intuitive.  We got about half  the scenario done which was a German attack on some British paras holding a town somewhere in Holland.  I was the Germans.  Simon did warn me that in previous playthroughs of this scenario the Germans had a hard time of it.

British Paras are holding the town with a relief force on its way.
There is a German panzer company, recon company and reduced infantry battalion 
determined to stop them.

The German infantry engage to town's defenders,
hoping to pin them down.
The Germans are not keen to leave the cover of the woods.

The German recon company redeploys to tackle the town,
avoiding a charge across the open.

The panzers go hull down and try to hold off the British relief force.

The panzers have the edge, but not the numbers.

Top down view. 
Recon force is battling the town,
but British reinforcements have arrived.

A promising system.  Would work well with hexes (and that actually is a hex mat we are playing on, but very subtle).  Something I can try out with one of my hex mats and my 15mm gear.



2 comments:

  1. downloaded the rules, looks pretty good. For my sins I'll be doing a small Jordanian force for the 6 day war

    ReplyDelete