Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Diplomacy in the time of COVID19

Thanks to Simon for hosting this game for the NWS and friends during the COVID19 lockdown .

Frankly I find the Diplomacy game all to nerve wracking, but it all came good.  I might be struggling with Russia in World in Flames, but in this game, well, see the attached image :-)

This is the results of the Fall 1908 Turn, or turn 16 for those who prefer counting.
Only fault is that the A Sev should be in Arm, ready to deal death blow to the Italians in Syria.


8 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love Diplomacy. Are you playing PBM/PBEM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. England, Austria-Hungary and Turkey - gone. The Russian-German Alliance goes from strength to strength. Did the Italians try the so-called 'Lepanto Opening...'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. I have some magnificent correspondence from the Italian player to Russia that I will see if I can get his permission to publish.

      Delete
    2. It would be great to see a narrative of events, with some of the more interesting international dialogue.

      I a, reminded of one of my earliest games, in which I had Russia. For the ENTIRE game Russia and Turkey bickered over the border (the Black Sea). Everyone else expected war to break out between the two powers, but, although we never came to any formal treaty of alliance or even non-aggression, we never came to actual blows beyond threats and sabre-rattling, until right at the end of the game, when I needed to seal my conquest of Europe.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete