Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Austrian Dragoon Regiment No. 6. Riesch

I must confess I don't pay much attention to which regiment I paint, going more on what colours I have to paint with.  There is a light blue I'm fond of so this unit ended up with that colour facings.  At least I checked that there was a regiment that had light blue facings.

 At rest, for the moment.

 Flags are paper, printed from the Warflags site.

 The horses are a range of browns with a black wash.

 A long march column, headed to the front one day soon, maybe.

Matching or rather getting best fit of rider to horse was a bit of an effort.
Painting moustaches was a bit hit and miss.
Not sure why half of the command are in campaign dress (and not resting).
I couldn't decide if chin straps were gold or black, so command got gold and other ranks black.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice unit indeed. I'm somewhat similar in my approach to colours and Regiments much to the frustration of my war-gaming friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. More on the way, I think I'll do a red one next :-)

      Delete
  2. Moustaches and chin straps on 15mms!! Welled played Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must confess I didn't paint the buttons. Not intentionally at any rate :-)

      Delete
  3. Great job, I think light blue was also 5th Chevauxleguer regiment off top of my head, so could be used for both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes you are right. I don't have any plans to do any Chevaulegeres, but if I do it will be green coated ones. The 5th had white coats.

      Delete