Thursday, June 27, 2019

Athens versus New Kingdom Egyptian

Gathering all the Hoplites I have, with some ringin Macedonians, I took on Dave's Egyptians.  It would be interesting to see how 400 points of pure infantry would perform.

 The enemy.  Lots of missile power and mobility.

 The Athenians with friends.

 End of Turn One and we are advancing.
Skirmishers to the front

 By the end of Turn Two my troops are closing in.
My skirmisher screen has been holding up well.

 Oh no!  My CinC is downgraded,

 Turn Three saw lots of fighting.
I've lost a lot of my skirmishers,
but a lot of damage has been inflicted on my opponents.

 We are grinding forward, the enemy is exhausted,
but my right wing phalanx routs and loses me the game.
(the points working out perfectly to break my army).

We was robbed!

Lessons from the game included that quality commanders add +2 to discipline tests and that exhausted troops can't react.

It was an excellent game with lots of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment