Sunday, February 11, 2024

Lifgrenadierregementets

The last unit needed for the Swedish Corps of the Allied Army of the North in 1813 based on the Napoleon's Battles OOB in the Leipzig scenario. There will be more on that in another post.


You're not seeing double, well you are,
I did two units of 16.
I only needed 28 but painted 32.

They look good en masse,
even with the poor light.
(Normally I photograph outside, but it is too hot).

The lighting even seems somewhat atmospheric,
I'll call it ambient dream light.

Swedish uniforms are notoriously difficult to pin down.
I went with how Old Glory had depicted the figures.

Why did I go with 32?  There are figures left over.  I could have done more, but the issue I had is Old Glory bayonets are rather fragile.  The figures I did end up painting have had their bayonets reinforced with a few coats of PVA glue.

There is one extra unit I needed, a British RHA rocket troop and it just so happened I had some appropriate second-hand figures.  I brightened them up a bit and based them.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a smokey battlefield....Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. An admiral list, not often that many Swedes are shown in a roster. The Army of the North, 1813 is my favorite formation, I have all the Swedes but need to paint the last 90 or so. Great brushwork on this hard to pin down army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't looked at any other OOB material except the Napoleon's Battles list. It might be a bit old and may contain errors or not reflect more up to date information, but it will have to do. The only figures I have spare are random gunners and guard with broken bayonets. All the best on completing your 90 figures. After I finished mine, I found that the Russians supplied the Swedes with equipment including shakos. I plan to do some Russians in greatcoats, and they will double for Swedes if I find myself short.

      Delete