Thursday, February 15, 2024

Huns versus Egyptians

Time for the Huns to face Dave's Egyptians.  I would need to be lucky and Dave unlucky, but as they say a quick game is a good game and this one was quick.

The Huns won the scouting, and the terrain was nice and open.
The plan was to mass against the chariots as if I could take them out,
the rest of the Egyptians would be at my mercy.

First turn and the Huns spread out and the Egyptians wheeled to face them.

The Huns move boldly forward.

It's looking promising for the Huns...

The Huns would have liked to have won the initiative and gone first.
Dave used his Ace in the Hole: Decisive Initiative.
He rolled three dice and scored a 7.
I rolled two and got a 7.
Reroll, this time just two dice each.
He got a 7 again, but I got an 8.
:-)
Then he remembered his free reroll.
He scored an 11.
I had a free reroll as well but wasn't going to beat 11.

So the factor six chariots got to fire first, the Hunnic light cavalry failed to evade and were ridden down.  It was not all one-sided, but the damage was done and the Hun's morale broke.  So it goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment