Sunday, October 8, 2023

A Nice Pair of 88s

Part of a pack shared with Simon.  I really only needed one, but a pair is nice - one early and one late.

Rather than crowd the base, I made up an extra one to use as a fired marker.

Hand painting late war camouflage has not yet been perfected.
I'm also tempted to give it a matt varnish spray
in the expectation of getting an adverse reaction again.

All plastic, went together okay, except the seated crew man.
To get him to fit I had to carve off his left arm.



I have left the barrel and mount unglued
I also see I haven't finished removing loose flock.
Couldn't resist.
And I did go and see 
Nick Mason's
Saucerful of Secrets
last week.
Great show!




2 comments:

  1. Clever idea with the separate base to indicate they have fired. They both look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now we just have to see if Simon does up his two.

      Delete