Saturday, July 8, 2023

Projects for FY2324

Ever optimistic, but here goes, starting with gaming projects (most of which are well advanced, certainly over the 80% completion stage):

  • Marengo 15mm Napoleon's Battles
  • Alexandros Campaign for Basic Impetus
  • Crete (at least a scenario for Rhethymnon - city of many spellings) using Rommel
  • At least one Rommel game using my Australians, but preferably adapt scenario for Milne Bay
  • Stolberg Corridor mini campaign using Rommel
  • Basic Impetus League participation (still have 4 games to complete)

Then we have painting projects, sometimes related to the above gaming projects, but often not:

These two images are from the new PSC Mortem et Gloriam Hunnic Cavalry range, 
that in their raw state didn't look too appealing and were being thrown out.
I mistakenly thought they were Romans and grab them.
But now I have enough to do all the light cavalry elements for a Basic Impetus Hun army.
Better still all painted and just need basing.

These have been seen before but the guy with the big stick is new.
Another rescued figure.
Just waiting for a varnish.

Cavalry casualty markers for Napoleon's Battles.
Just waiting for a varnish.

Limbers - some old, some expanded and one new,
enhanced do to adding in rescued figures. 
Just waiting on a varnish.

Well, at least they are assembled and undercoated

Just waiting a a decision about a camouflage system

For the Stolberg Corridor campaign.

Started as medium mortars until I found I had some heavy mortars.

The last (maybe) infantry of the weighty Soviet purchase

Odds and sods of Romans

Dacian camp that came with a purchase.
I've been mucking about with the trees.
Sadly Basic Impetus doesn't need camps :-(

More Romans and there are still more Romans I haven't photographed.
From having no Romans a year or two back I now have a super embarrassment.

Generals for my Swedish army.
Uniform details are a bit of a challenge as I am also using a mix of figures.
I think I am stuck deciding on which blue to use.

British casualty markers,
but I am now having second thoughts 
about the best approach to reflecting casualties in Napoleon's Battles.

Some fantasy figures

More WW2 kit and random fantasy figures

Still more fantasy figures which reminds me I have a HotT dinosaur army to finish 
and some zombies as well as a whole lot of John Carter Warlord of Mars things.

And there are still many, many more figures to sort and paint and base and get into action.

But for now I am off on holidays, back in August.

Arriverderci!


6 comments:

  1. Intrigued by the alphabet beads and cryptic note beside them; are they going to make anti-tank obstacles?
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted. I did some research and after failing to find suitably sized mini pyramid shapes I found these by accident and having seen some pictures of square teeth (presumably molars) thought they will do nicely when covered with some plaster and plenty of paint and flock.

      Delete
  2. wow!
    I've also been working on a Crete scenario, and have had Milne Bay in the pipeline forever :)
    Cool post mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have been stuck for a while on how to depict the coast (never mind olive and grapevines plus the hills/mountains for Crete, but will get there!

      Delete
  3. Smiling that your painting queue resembles mine. Different mix but just as many projects. Ever onward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had composed this reply while on holiday but had trouble posting it and then I forgot all about it, but I had left a reminder which I have just found and acted on.

      So we are in Rome now. We go into a boutique that my partner thinks she bought a dress from 30 years ago. Says she has hardly worn it. That's okay I say, I have many figures I am yet to paint and games I'm yet to play. That's life!

      Delete