Thursday, July 6, 2023

Barbarossa Turn 12 Comparison

Having now played Barbarossa AGN, AGC and AGS on Vassal up to and including Turn 12 I thought it might be interesting to see how progress compares with the face to face game I am playing with Richard.

There are a few differences between the Vassal version and the one we are playing, mainly tweaks to the Order of Battle and some slight rule variations (which also incorporates mistakes on my part).  These variations are mainly in the scenario rules, not the standard rules.

Turn 12 represents the two days of 14 and 15 July, so at this stage a little over three weeks into the campaign.


In comparison with the following from the Vassal hosted game.



Main observation is that it is much easier to capture images in Vassal!

The following broad comments apply to the situation in the Vassal game.

Army Group North has made less progress possibly due to weather, but critically also the Soviet defence of Daugavpils (which didn't fall till Turn 10 compared to Turn 6 in the face to face game).  Possibly two turns behind.

Army Group Centre is also less advanced, but probably only one turn.

Army Group South is more advanced, but this is due to the Soviets significantly withdrawing.

I wish I'd kept better weather records, but the following is what I have determined:


Well that explains it!

Particularly for AGN in Vassal where I now realise I made a mistake in having three turns of mud in a row.



No comments:

Post a Comment