Saturday, February 2, 2013

Prussian Blues


For Christmas I received some of the new Fantassin Prussian Grenadiers.  I particularly wanted the figures to have the distinctive monstrous plume and had been putting off raising a grenadier unit as the figures I came across, while looking good, were always in campaign dress.  With my new figures I thought I would also treat myself to a new Prussian Blue and got the Vallejo colour 70965.  I was happy with the first few figures I painted, but then worried that the blue was too bright and not as dark as I wanted.  So I went back to Humbrol’s Prussian Blue colour 5077. 

I over painted a few figures and painted a few more.  The result looked good.

When I came back the next day I couldn’t tell the difference.  Doh!
 


Of course now I have taken a photograph I can see a difference.  The wounded officer on the far left is the Humbrol Prussian Blue over painted on the Vallejo.  But as to the other two figures... 
What the camera captures and the computer displays are not necessarily how the colour appears to the naked eye, especially taking into account the light (and it is hot and sunny where I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment