Sunday, July 29, 2012

Field Fencing – Part 2

So much for this being a Xmas project, unless I count it as Xmas in July, but I have now finished the ten strips of fences I made from the Peco kit.

The assembled fences were given a base coat of Tamiya Flat Brown XF10 after I had apples a layer of PVA glue to the base and sprinkled on sand to give it some body.  On the base I then painted Tamiya Flat Earth XF52 and on the fence itself I dry brushed Vallejo Stone Grey VJxxx.  Watered down PVA glue was then applied to the base and my standard mix of flock sprinkled on.  I wanted a more clumped look and tried to do a second application on one segment, but gave up in favour of applying some bids of random shrubbery.

Sand applied, ready to paint:

Painted and ready to flock:


This last photo reminds me of playing the boardgame Agricola. All I am missing is the sheep or cattle, which reminds me, I need to make some ploughed fields and similar terrain pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment