Friday, September 20, 2024

Long Spear in Basic Impetus

In my last game we decided long spear negating mounted impetus bonus did not apply if they were hit in the flank or rear.  At the time I couldn't readily find the relevant rule.

Subsequently I did a search in Edge which invoked Bing and provided the following:


The search results didn't help, but the AI response, seemed definitive.  It just didn't give a reference.

I asked the same question in Google and got unhelpful results.

However, having now read the rules carefully I still couldn't find it.  So, ignoring the search results I went to the forum.

Putting aside any issues with how I constructed the question, what impresses me is how AI got it wrong while sounding so authoritative.  Rather annoying me thinks.

I am so glad that Phil confirmed my reading, and that site administrator/rule's author(s) provided a truly definitive response.

No comments:

Post a Comment