Thursday, May 2, 2024

Nikephorian Byzantine versus Ghaznavid

A friendly game with Mark B to try out my new cataphract unit and also perfect GIF making technique.

My army was out scouted but deployed in a central position between two woods.  The Ghaznavids massed on my right and a light cavalry battle ensued which my troops narrowly got the better of. Then there was a charge by my new cataphracts that won the battle,

In they go!

This GIF was made with an image after each player's move,
and the transition speed has been set to the slowest available.




8 comments:

  1. Excellent GIF ! Well done.

    A tough game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Comparable armies make for a challenging game.

      Delete
  2. Interesting 'movie'. Great to see the Nikephorians handing out the hurt!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to present the game.
    Good for the cataphracts to get a win in their first game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this at the NWS and it looked a great game indeed, obviously hard fought!

    ReplyDelete