Thursday, August 1, 2019

Nikephorian Byzantine versus 100 Years War English Take Two

This is a repeat of last week's game, but I took a predominantly infantry army this time, including my new troops.

 Deployment.

 End of Turn 1.
You would be correct in thinking no one has moved.

 Turn 2.
After brief discussion of the stalemate, 
I shuffle to the right.

 Turn 3 and the English are coming out to meet me.

 Turn 4 and it is taking a while to get into range.

 Turn 5 and at long range the English longbow will out shoot me unless I can do something.

 Turn 6 and my attempts to inflict some bow casualties on my opponent has not been very successful.
Luckily the English shooting was equally as poor.

But Turn 7 and my shooting comes good, very good.

 Bird's eye of Turn 7.

 One of my light cavalry units has got right around behind the enemy.
But are they too late?

 Turn 8 and there has been a largely ineffective clash of arms.

 My new unit is bloodied against the English elite Men-at-Arms and their general.

 Turn 9 and the climax of the battle.

Turn 10 after I seized the initiative and my light cavalry ran through the English rear.
It pays to throw sixes, especially a double six when you want initiative.

2 comments:

  1. Great report as usual Mark. Always highly entertaining mate and teh Byzantines look tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo. It was a great victory for my Byzantines.

      Delete