Saturday, November 7, 2020

My Second Unit of Austrian Hussars

Or more properly Hussar Regiment No. 4 Hessen-Homberg.  These were part of a windfall, impromptu purchase from Stan.  They required basing and a bit of TLC to repair some paint chips, but I also re-lifed them by redoing their shakos and adding a brighter green highlight to their jackets and same to their pants.  While Essex figures are not my favourite, they have come up a treat!  They join my other Essex Austrian Hussar regiment that I completed back in April and which can be seen here: 

 https://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com/2020/04/austrian-hussars.html



The flags come moulded on which meant I had to hand paint it.  Not a lot of fun, but it will do.
This last image was taken without the flash and shows just how dark the colours are.  
I've seen the Hessen-Homburg regiment painted up in almost a fluoro green,
but that's not for me.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice.
    As they are second hand perhaps they will not suffer the newly painted troops curse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am not sure of their pedigree/provance on the tabletop, the thing will to get them in a game asap.

      Delete
  2. They look excellent Mark, you have 'pimped' them nicely!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete