Wednesday, November 4, 2020

231 grams of Soviets

I've been working steadily on the Soviet 10.6kg purchase, but I have only now actually finished a few, 231g to be precise.

Yes that is a German cameraman figure in there taking subsequent movies picture for Moscow Tonight.
It took me a good while to work out the SU76i.  
I had no idea that the Soviets had repurposed Stugs.

But these three little guys and gal have me beat.  
They are plastic, but don't seem to be of the same quality as the PSC figures I have seen.

I did say I have been busy working on them.
These figures have all been partially repainted (helmets, backpacks etc)

There are all these gun crews ready to base as well.

Just to gauge the work done, here are some kind of before and after shots:

Apart from helmet etc, the main effect I applied was a dry brush.
In these two images it looks like the uniforms are different colours, 
that maybe, but it is not due to repainting.
The figures have a mix of khaki colours, which is as it should be.

The work bench.  I was doing forty figures at a time.


7 comments:

  1. That is a ton of Russkies, Very industrious of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see a good production line. Seems all the more appropriate for Second World War Russians!
    The finished figs and vehicles look great Mark, as do those that are 'nearly there'.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. Not quite up to your industrial scale though.

      Delete
  3. Nearly there. Only 10.37kg to go! :)
    Great work though. The repainted figures look much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great haul of figures, I'm impressed that you can work on so many at one time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would have replied sooner to your comment, but it was hidden as spam by Google (makes no sense). There is another comment from you somewhere as well that had the same treatment and now I'm looking for it.

      Delete