Thursday, November 12, 2020

2nd Punic War Carthaginians versus Danish and Swedish

My Byzantines had fought Dave's Danes before, now it was the turn of my Carthaginians.

I won the scouting and was able to set up to my advantage.
However the advantage was sleight as most of my troops are disadvantaged facing long spear.
All the Danes have long spear, back by crossbow.
This could be unpleasant.

Turn 1 - Advance!

Turn 2 - Advance some more!!

Turn 3 - Can we see the whites of their eyes yet?

Turn 4 - All hell breaks loose.
My general with the cavalry is in trouble,
but just watch the elephants.

Turn 5 - we're taking casualties, but continuing to advance.
Poor general is not looking happy.

Turn 6 - Elephants win the day.
The skirmishers had performed extremely well,
shielding enemy fire and delaying their attacks.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment