Sunday, October 4, 2020

Swedish Mörner Hussar Regiment

Or to give them their more Swedish name: Mörnerska husarregementet.

I had a few challenges with these guys, starting with the matt black undercoat going gloss and ending with trying to figure out just what they were wearing on their heads.




The unit did not carry standards and as I had two standard bearers and no desire to convert them I took some licence with a national flag and also a cavalry standard from another regiment which had an image of a reindeer emblazoned on it.

The flash has lightened the blue somewhat frightfully.
It is a much richer blue from the Citadel Space Marine range that I happened to have.
I also had mixed success with my attempt to try and produce a variety of horse colours. 

I kept this blurry shot (it's what happens to your eyes after painting hussars)
as it shows the reindeer on the flag.


No comments:

Post a Comment