Thursday, January 11, 2024

LIFREGEMENTETBRIGADENS KYRASSIERCORPS

I normally wouldn't have put the title all in capitals, but it has been a major accomplishment finishing this unit. These figures have a lot going on with their kit so there was a lot of detailed brush work to manage which is tricky in hot weather (paint dries on the brush before it reaches the figure). The heat was increased as we cut down the tree that shaded my studio (it needed removing. but still).  The "my" studio became "our" studio and my partner, on her six weeks long service leave, decided it needed cleaning out and painting (she has plans to turn it into a granny flat). So, my nicely ordered chaos was thrown topsy turvy.  Very stressful, but sadly necessary. One advantage is I discovered that I had more stuff than I thought I had.  The disadvantage is that I have more stuff than I thought I had.





Now all that remains is the Swedish Guard infantry for their Corps of the 1813 Army of the North. Now where are they? Where are my paints?  Where are my brushes? And where is a cool place to paint?


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done and the heavy punch needed in this army's mounted arm. Painting in the heat requires lots of liquid, both for the paint and the painter. We just got 10 inches of snow this week, so I see the other set of problems. Luckily the next few days are warming, in the 40's Fahrenheit, so no game cancelations are expected. Any chance of a Swedish parade?

    ReplyDelete