Thursday, March 21, 2019

Battle of Bulson - Take Two

This is a repeat of the game we played just over a month ago (see AAR and background in this post).  This time I went German, with Simon, who provided just about everything, going French.

 I decided to attack immediately.
I'm not sure this was a good move, 
but it did provoke the French to counterattack.

 I then decided to wait for reinforcements,
Grossdeutschland and the medium tank companies of the two Panzer divisions.

 2nd Panzer launches an attack on the left.

 While Grossdeutschland and 1st Panzer attack on the right.
I had saved things up and then did multiple attacks hoping to overwhelm the defenders.

 It took two turns each of multiple impulses, 
but the massed attacks proved successful.

It was certainly helped by throwing four sixes in a row, 
although my last attack would have been a success no matter what the dieroll.

Another excellent game of Rommel using one of the scenarios from https://www.hexesandminiatures.com/ww2-squares

No comments:

Post a Comment