Friday, March 15, 2019

Nikephorian Byzantine versus Western Roman

At the club my Byzantines snatched victory from defeat facing Stan's Late Western Romans.

End of the first turn and I'm advancing.

Come the second turn and we are already engaged.

But on turn three it all goes pear shaped.

And then downhill from there when my attempted use of Betrayal fails.

End of turn 3 and it is looking grim.

Turn 4 and it looks like I'm about to be seriously outflanked.

By the fifth turn the progress in the centre has dramatically improved.

Turn seven and the flank attack takes out one of my legions.

But by turn eight we have snatched victory from defeat, 
the flank attacks failed to cause further losses and have themselves been outflanked.

Ripper of a game!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I thought I was headed for a catastrophic defeat. I got very lucky when the flank attacks were not as successful as expected.

      Delete