Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Seed for a Force for the Tunisian Campaign

Even before I picked up a copy of Megablitz I wanted to be able to wargame the Tunisian campaign.  I'd obtained the Terence Wise booklet Battles For Wargamers: World War II Tunisia published in 1973 a long, long time ago and that provided a lot of inspiration which I've now finally been able to act on.  My latest purchase should give me a decent shot at doing this.


I bought these from David Williams.  David can be found on these two Facebook groups:

The Australian Historical Wargamer Trading Post

The Historical Wargames eXchange

The separated models and figures in the bottom right hand quarter of the picture is roughly what I need for a Panzer Division for Megablitz.  Just need some recon elements and perhaps some more logistics support.

5 comments:

  1. Getting your hands on a "ready to game" project is a great time saver. Nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm also looking forward to adding the missing bits. Just need to be able to compatible basing and David's told me what he uses so I'm looking forward to that aspect as well.

      Delete
  2. sounds fun, remember I've got Yanks. BTW just got a TONNE of WW2 6mm German stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be able to do some big games.

      I've been told that BKC rules work best with 6mm. With the new edition one base is now fixed as a platoon (previously it was a bit flexible).

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete