Quite a majestic little ship.
I had a few ideas about the masts as I wanted them to be removable. After looking at all sorts of tubing, Simon suggested reinforcing the hull with balsa. Hmmm, that's an idea. I ended up drilling holes directly into the balsa and found that held the masts perfectly.
The base colour was chosen to match the blue in the oar plate.
It is Dulux "Snap-Shot" and a sample pot is going to go a long way,
although I might need more as the plan is to paint one of the club boards.
Not sure my attempt at weathering the sails has succeeded,
but I did paint the edges of the model in a light blue to match the artwork
and some edges were coloured using black texta.
These 6mm figures look the part.
Perhaps the bamboo skewers are a bit thick, but they will do for now.